Here few things I've learned in the last couple months and since I began working at MAC Cosmetics.
First of all, DREAM JOB ALERT. I have literally always wanted to work for this company. For one, its Canadian, awesome. And second of all, you will find MAC behind the scenes at most well known fashion shows throughout Europe. It is an incredible company who really do treat their employees well! They also support an amazing charity that is called the MAC AIDS FUND. Incase you weren't aware of this, they donate 100% of the proceeds from any of the VIVA GLAM sales to the cause. I am so lucky to have been given the opportunity to work there and hopefully grow within the company. The possibilities are endless now that I have my "in" and if I work hard enough (which I promise I will) because to be honest with you, this doesn't feel like a job... I get to play with makeup ALLL day!!! What could be better? Another awesome perk is that I don't even have to push myself to sell a product because I 100% believe in the quality of the product. I'm learning so many great things and I can't wait to see where I am 5 years down the road!! Life can be so exciting when you are following your dreams and doing something that you are so darn passionate about. It is terrifying at times but when it isn't terrifying, it is completely satisfying and I can't get enough of it!
Some of my favorite MAC Makeup and Skincare products to work with:
all photos are taken from www.maccosmetics.com
PAINT POTS: Why is this a necessary product for your everyday makeup routine?
1. Evens out the color of the eyelid (hiding any visible redness or veining)
2. Acts as primer to use before makeup. It gives the shadows something to cling to and will literally last all day
3. This will give the shadows a way better color pay off and intensity
4. Prevents creasing (basically your eyes will look "untouched" by the end of the day)
5. MAC is also launching a whole line of more exciting colors! Can't wait to play with them!
FLUIDLINE: Why is this a better alternative to liquid liner?
1. My favorite feature is that it is COMPLETELY smudgeproof!!! It is amazing it will not budge. I have always struggled with the end of the day "Raccoon" eyes and this has solved all the problems for me (along with waterproof mascara and lash primer which I will talk about later)
2. The longevity is all day. I'm telling you people, it won't move!
3. It is much easier to apply using the right tools compared to your typical liquid liner. This is the only product I will use (or Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner) but this is my #1 preference and its much more inexpensive..
4. The fluidline comes in 7 different colors, which is a total bonus!! The color 'waveline' is gorgeous and it can take your everyday makeup routine from boring to way more exciting without being too risky! T|he color 'Dipdown' is also beautiful for all the brunettes in the house that want that sexy defined brow!
5. My favorite brush to use with this product is the Precise eyeliner brush #210 you can achieve any look using this tool. You can go as thin or as thick as you want while still being able to get right into the tightest spots (inner corner) and gives you that desired tapered wing!
COMPACT BEAUTY BALM: What is all the fuss about?
1. Not only is it makeup but it is also a primer and skincare! Its a TRIAGE!!! Just kidding, I have no idea what that means but it sounds cool, and it sounds like a group of three. Lets go with it.
2. This product can be used as a primer after your moisturizer and before your foundation (I would recommend applying Face and Body Foundation on top of the compact because I find that it gives quite a bit of coverage just on its own, which is strange for a BB cream!
3. Another use for this product (this one is my fave) is applying a lighter color than your skintone ontop of your Mineralized Concealer as an undereye brightener!! It looks amazing! Secrets out ;) It looks incredibly flawless and porcelain.
NATURAL RADIANCE PRIMER: Why bother??
1. I use this primer on top of my FAVORITE primer of all time (Revlon PhotoReady Microperfecting primer- inexpensive and works like a DREAM!). I know it sounds silly, two primers but its what works for me so I'm stickin to it! The first primer is used for one purpose- longevity of my makeup throughout the day. The MAC Natural Radiance prep and prime is the primer I use second, and my main reason for this product is the application and look of the finished makeup it looks flawless. Basically when I use these two in combination, I don't have to powder or touch up at the end of the day.
2. I also mix this product with LUSTRE DROPS! The primer already has tons of benefits (Read the description above) but when you add the extra lustre drops its THAT much better!!! You will be the glowing belle of the ball ;)
3. Lustre drops can be used ontop of foundation as well as a highlight, but make sure to apply before the powder using a stipple brush!
FIX+: Fix what!??
1. One of the coolest products that I've been introduced to thus far! It is a gylcerin based product that leaves your skin looking flawless, DEWY and radiant!
2. I use this about 3 times during my makeup applications on both myself, and my clients! The first time I use it is right before moisturizer to give the skin INSTANT hydration!
3. The second time I use FIX+ is when I'm applying a mineral eyeshadow (usually the lid color is the one that I want to have the most intensity) This brings the eyeshadow to life! It goes from subtle to statement in 3.5 seconds... I spritz my brush (242) and pick up some of the mineralized eyeshadow and apply to the eye and blend blend blend!!!
4. The very last step of my routine is to set everything with a light dusting of powder and spritz my whole face with fix plus (BTW it smells SO good!!!) and there you have it... a flawless face!
I could go on and on about my favorite products but those are a few that I couldn't go without talking about! Below I will list a few of my favorite GO-TO brushes! You can't create a beautiful makeup with just a q-tip after all ;)
|If you don't own this brush yet, you really need to invest! Its the best for blending eyeshadow!!! I am so in love with this brush!!! (above)|
Perfect for blending-with no product on the brush. I also really love to use it to blend in my brow concealer I use studio finish for that area only.
This brush is awesome for color placement and then going back in with your blending brush!
This one is pretty self explaintory I use it for contouring my cheekbones. Its so soft and gives a perfect airbrushed finish!
Oh boy!! I've been waiting for this one to pop up :D!!! FAVORITE brush award goes tooooooo.
It is the perfect crease brush/blending brush for eyeshadows, creams, liquids, EVERYTHING! I love love it. Kinda pricey but completely worth it.
QUICK SIDE NOTE: You're probably thinking why ON EARTH would I put so much money into just brushes! Well let me tell you something, the tools make or break your entire makeup. They are just as important as proper skincare and good quality products. It is well worth the splurge! I promise you... They will literally last you forever if you take care of them properly. I've worked with makeup artists that have been working in the industry for 10 years and still have lots of their original MAC brushes. That in itself should convince you!
and that commences my rant for the day :) I hope you enjoyed my blog post and please subsribe to recieve email notifications for whenever I post something new! I promise it will be worth it!